The Sunday Business Post and Dún Laoghaire Business Improvement district would like to invite you to the
Future of Towns in Ireland Summit
on 16th April 2015
from 8.30am – 1.30pm
in the Royal Marine Hotel, Dún Laoghaire
Early Bird for BID Members: 2 for 1 €199 plus VAT (including Lunch) – for a limited time only
The summit will look closely at the models that can make a real difference to our towns and communities; bringing together the latest insights and thought-leadership to offer an engaging and inspiring learning experience. The Summit will also look at new technology, cover insightful statistics, lessons which can be learnt and meaningful case studies.
Speakers will include:
Tim Radley, VM Unleashed – The future of places – what makes a town successful
Derek Hughes, 180 Degrees – 20|20 Vision – A strategic roadmap for Dún Laoghaire
Rory Caren, IBM – Smart Towns
Gerry Dunne, Dún Laoghaire Harbour Company – Opportunities for marine leisure & tourism
Derek Butler, Grid Finance – Peer to peer finance
Don McManus, Dún Laoghaire BID Company
What you’ll learn
- Our town boom not gloom! The answer?
- Technology and big data role in transforming our towns
- Future-Proofing our towns: learning from the past to build the road ahead
- How the Best Was Won – Working together: Business Improvement Districts
- The effect of Licensing Policy on the shape of our high streets
- How a Local Authority can be a key driver for economic growth in town centres
- Technology: can it provide the solution to increase footfall
- What should your town USP be?
- Your business versus the big guys: how to win?